In the current job market experienced travel staff are hard to come by and when you do find that perfect candidate, they are usually attending multiple interviews with the competition. Hence it is crucial that you promote your company during the interview stages as there are many travel jobs currently available and you want your business to stand out from the crowd.
The interview process is very much a two-way street. Whist you are interviewing a potential employee, they too are evaluating if your business is the right fit for them and comparing you to the competition.
Here are our recommendations to consider when interviewing your next candidate;
- Ensure your interview is conducted in a professional manner, in a comfortable environment with sufficient time allocated to not only explain the role but to detail the company benefits. Be sure to leave room for any questions the potential employee may have.
- Promote the company benefits and added advantages of working for your brand – as you can be assured your competition will be!
- Express the potential opportunities for training and promotion within the organisation.
- Discuss the culture of the brand and the team environment.
- If you have low staff turnover – let it be known!
- Keep in mind that you as the interviewer need to be personable, welcoming & likable as first impressions are important from both sides.
Here are some additional ways to entice potential employees to your business;
- Extra leave entitlements after a set amount of years’ service
- Achievable incentive / bonus schemes
- Fun or exotic yearly conferences or team building activities
- Travel discounts or free trips
- Themed monthly lunches
- External study subsidies
- Gym memberships
- Vending machines
- Mobile/ Internet contributions
- Social drinks or gatherings
- Birthdays off
- Additional half day off for Christmas shopping
- Weekly internal sales or product competitions for movie vouchers or similar
The aim of the interview is to have your potential employee leaving on a positive note thinking how great it would be to work for your brand and spreading the word to industry colleagues about the fantastic things that differentiate your brand from the competition.
Need help finding experienced staff? List your vacancy with TMS Talent today!