Business Development Manager - North Island
|JOB TITLE:||Business Development Manager - North Island|
|CONTRACT TYPE:||Full Time|
|SALARY||$50,000 + Car + Bonus (OTE $94k)|
|CONTACT NAME:||Alisa Wilson|
Our client is seeking a vibrant and self-motivated sales professional for this exciting Business Development Manager in Youth Travel.
In this autonomous role as New Zealand BDM you will have responsibility for the North Island market to promote and grow the product range through your extensive travel network. You will liaise with business partners with a focus on sales growth through training, developing relationships and an eagerness to seek new business opportunities. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the global sales team.
Our clients are specialists in creating unique travel arrangements for people aged 18 to 39 and are renowned for giving youth travelers an experience of a lifetime.
- Professionally service existing trade network on a regular scheduled basis throughout assigned region (a territory within the North Island)
- Plan, create and implement a strategic call cycle to optimize sales growth
- Conduct in-store training sessions with trade, as well as consumer direct presentations
- Develop key relationships with travel agent and other partners that will aid in achieving sales targets
- Monitor and combat competitor activity.
- Attend networking, industry and consumer events
- Monthly reporting on sales growth and activity
- Assist with and fulfill local store marketing requests for our partners
- Manage an allocated expense budget for the region
- Represent this iconic brand at consumer expos across the country
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours
- Experience working in the NZ Travel industry, ideally in sales
- Excellent knowledge of global destinations
- Knowledge of the New Zealand travel market
- Superior communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player, although work autonomously in an external to office environment
- Ability to think outside the square
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Confidence in presentations and training customers
- A passion for pursuing excellence in results and achieving sales targets
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!
- Base salary of $50,000 + car + bones (OTE $94k)
- Increased salary at 6 months & 1 year mark
- Recognition, support and rewards!
- Famil opportunities