Cost Controller /Receiving /Purchasing
|JOB TITLE:||Cost Controller /Receiving /Purchasing|
|CONTRACT TYPE:||Full Time|
|CONTACT NAME:||Mihai Olteanu|
Experienced cost controller & purchasing professional with pre-opening experience needed for this new group of FB businesses in Riyadh needed, ideal applicant will come from a similar role in KSA and will have at least 5 years of experience managing multiple outlets purchasing and cost control.
For this role are accepted ONLY applicants with current or previous experience in KSA.
As a Food and Beverage cost controller, you are primarily responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items and also responsible for the short and long-term planning of the f&B controlling and pricing aspects.
Additionally, responsible to record information and produce control reports periodically to help maintain a suitable inventory of food and beverage items for the entire business. He/she also changes the price of menus items based on the costing information they collect and also actively take part in engineering the menu in terms of the pricing.
- Able to effectively control the Food & Beverage Cost
- Control the Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage and efficiency.
- Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicating with relevant parties.
- Update and maintain receipts into the systems
- Check and verify voids in the POS systems.
- Check and verify discounts on the POS systems.
- Check and verify any happy hours discounts.
- Check and verify all complimentary sales in POS systems.
- Check and verify all staff meals and staff discounts.
- Check and verify all Package meals.
- Check and verify all settlements done on the POS system.
- Check and cross verify if all sales have been transferred correctly to the Property Management systems (PMS).
- Check and verify for any lost postings.
- Check the cost of sales in all F&B outlets and ensure that the costs are within budget.
- Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
- Check the restaurant and bar checks on daily.
- Check the complimentary and confirm that all are approved.
- Daily Import of Micros Sales to Materials Control system.
- Tally all end of shift reports generated from all POS tills.
- Continuously study weaknesses in F&B control implemented at the Hotel and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Check the daily Food & Beverage revenues report submitted by the income audit for the accuracy of covers and average check.
- Responsible for linking the articles and Recipes in Material Control.
- Responsible for preparing daily Food and Beverage Report and distribute to management.
- Responsible for monthly F&B Report and distribute to management.
- Responsible for surprise spot checks at all F&B outlets.
- Prepare Duty Drinks and management report and confirm that this is as per entitlement.
- Prepare the daily and monthly cost report department in relation to cost of sales.
- Prepare daily staff meal cost report.
- Participate in stock taking at the restaurants.
- Spot check on the receiving department to ensure that the scales are correct and goods are checked for quality.
- Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head.
- Check and ensure all menu items have a recipe.
- Coordinate with restaurant management and finance to sort out issues pertaining to F&B.
- Update selling prices in POS as per the instruction from authorised persons.
- Maintain the security of the information held by the department.
- Responsible to maintain the Menu Pricing, Consumption and POS systems.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytics and reporting skills.
- Experience with Accounting System, POS Systems and cost and inventory systems.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a high-level attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
Bachelor of Commerce or Similar or 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or similar major
- Residential Visa
- Annual Economy Flights
- Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Incentive
- Salary: up to 3000 $ Negotiable
- Accommodation: not provided
- Transportation in KSA: not provided
- Single package preferred
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C