Group Head of Culinary
|JOB TITLE:||Group Head of Culinary|
|CONTRACT TYPE:||Full Time|
|CONTACT NAME:||Mihai Olteanu|
A great chance for a culinary expert to showcase his/her skills and manage a team of international talented chefs while taking them to new heights. You will be the lead and the model in the culinary department for this new growing hospitality group. This person will be in charge with the pre-opening and opening while continue to run the operations for the full contract of 2 years and beyond.
For this role are accepted ONLY applicants with current or previous experience in KSA.
We are looking for a hardworking, extremely driven individual who is excited to lead and scale the culinary operations of a high-growth startup.
Responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control, and sanitation and cleanliness.
The Head of Culinary role will involve developing and leading several teams across multiple venues while being hands on and reporting directly to the Executive Vice President.
Set annual operating and capex budgets, revenue targets and ﬁnancial procedures for the kitchen.
Designing cutting edge, relevant and creative menus that stay true to the brands and can achieve consistency throughout the venues is a key part of the role.
Only applicants with recent or current employment experience in KSA will be accepted.
- Minimum 5 years as Head Chef, or Executive Chef responsible for multiple operations
- BA or related culinary degree with eight or more years of industry and culinary management experience.
- Food Safety Certiﬁcation
- Food Handlers Certiﬁcation
- Understanding of F&B and trends
- Preferably Single
- English Speaking, Preferably Arabic Speaking also.
- Having 6-10 years of experience of which 5 years should be at senior management level.
Activities and responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of the company.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Collaboratively plan and price menu items, establish portion sizes, and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure eﬃcient operation.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product speciﬁcations and received in correct unit count and condition.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation or cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants.
- Development of SOP’s and execution of standards across all restaurants.
- Oversee pre-opening process of each restaurant.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, or purchasing for all the food operations.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order supplies.
- Make employment and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures to new kitchen employees.
- Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, ﬁrst-aid, CPR, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous materials.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes or menus, taking into account
- such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients or the likely number of guests.
- Residential Visa
- Annual Economy Flights
- Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Incentive
- Salary: up to 7650 $ Negotiable
- Accommodation: not provided
- Transportation in KSA: not provided
- Single package preferred
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C