Head Pastry Chef
|JOB TITLE:||Head Pastry Chef|
|CONTRACT TYPE:||Full Time|
|CONTACT NAME:||Mihai Olteanu|
A great chance for a pastry expert to showcase his/her skills and manage a team of international talented chefs while taking them to new heights. You will be the lead and the model in the culinary department for this new growing hospitality group. This person will be in charge with the pre-opening and opening while continue to run the operations for the full contract of 2 years and beyond.
For this role are accepted ONLY applicants with current or previous experience in KSA.
As a Pastry Chef, you will be reporting to Head of Culinary and will oversees the preparation of pastry & desserts with a key focus on the baking of breads and caramel products. You need to develop dessert recipes and maintain an inventory of ingredients, while striving to achieve cost-eﬃciency for the restaurants.
You will also lead the smooth running of the pastry kitchen by assisting the Head of Culinary in areas of budgeting and costing, store items and wastage control, food quality standards. You will be responsible for contributing to pastry menu creation, managing and training the team to lead the Kitchen department independently.
You should ensure that all staﬀ within your department are adequately trained and developed in line with company policy. You will also be responsible for the recruitment and selection of your team and for managing any employee relations issues with the support of head oﬃce.
You will continuously monitor and direct the whole team to ensure they adhered to brand standards and high quality of produces.
- Experience in a similar capacity with pre-opening experience.
- Experience in managing and driving diverse teams
- Motivated and can contribute positively to Financial Budget and Key Performance Indicators
- Strong background in HACCP procedures and application
- Preferably Single
- English speaking preferably with Arabic also.
- Understanding of customer research and the ability to amend the range to reﬂect customer requirements and feedback.
- Understanding of F&B and trends
- Having 2-4 years of relevant experience of which 2 years should be at management level.
Activities and responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Zaha International.
- Prepares quality baked goods such as breads, pastries and desserts to speciﬁcations and amount listed on order sheet.
- Continually develops and updates baked items on menus.
- Prepares and orders food supplies as needed.
- Consults with the Head of Culinary and makes suggestions for new and exciting baked goods to embellish the menu.
- Ensures that recipe ﬁle is maintained in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Trains pastry team members in methodology, equipment, and technique to create appropriate desserts, pastries and breads.
- He/she frequently communicates the status of all pastry food production to the Executive Chef.
- He/she supervises, monitors and delegates all, and extra, workload to subordinates.
- Make any suggestions to improve the quality of services.
- Establish and maintain eﬀective employee relations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Culinary
- Must be able to potentially handle multiple tasks as well outside catering & Volume production with attention to detail and presentation.
- Remain up to date with latest culinary trends and create ideas into eﬃcient and consistent implementations.
- Preparation and presentation of quality desserts, Pastries and Bakery items.
- Presentation and preparation skills of plated dessert and buﬀet set ups which requires continues improvement and upgrades.
- Handling of the fully implemented HACCP guidelines as well as general health & safety in the workplace.
- Cake & Show Pieces Skills to be developed within the team
- Creating in conjunction with the Head of Culinary of menus, buﬀets and “specials” which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the opera*ng concept for the restaurant.
- To minimize payroll costs by maximizing the productivity and eﬃcient scheduling of employees.
- Residential Visa
- Annual Economy Flights
- Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Incentive
- Salary: up to 7650 $ Negotiable
- Accommodation: not provided
- Transportation in KSA: not provided
- Single package preferred