Retail Travel Consultant
|JOB TITLE:||Retail Travel Consultant|
|CONTRACT TYPE:||Full Time|
|CONTACT NAME:||Belinda Peddie|
If you enjoy making peoples holiday dreams come true - then this job is for you!
You will be responsible for promoting and booking traveling arrangements for individual clients (phone or walk-ins). The goal is to enhance satisfaction and acquire an expanding and dedicated clientele. and work Mondays to Fridays (08H30 - 17H30) including roster Saturdays.
You will be required to: -
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services
- Organise travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Supply travellers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc)
- Collect deposits and balances
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends
- Create and update electronic records of clients
- Maintain relationships with key persons
- Keep financial statements and documents
- Reach the revenue and profit targets
Join a team of 5 retail consultants working for a well-known brand based on the Auckland city fringe.
Skills & Experience
- Proven working experience as a travel consultant
- Preferred GDS : Amadeus (conversion course available, if required)
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented approach
- Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, holidays, group/individual etc)
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Demonstrable ability to handle crises
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field
- Candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred
- Great location
- Supportive team environment
- Attractive remuneration
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C