|Location||Chiang Mai||Job Type||Permanent|
Manage day to day finance operations and be primarily responsible for computing, recording, collecting, analyzing and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records of the financial operations of the hotel and restaurants.
Additionally, be responsible for generating bills and collecting all revenue owed to the hotel and restaurant in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, General Ledger reporting.
- Cash handling functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash dropped at the front desk.
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report any variances to the concerned department heads.
- Manage financial and tax audits.
- Prepare tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Manage the systems administration, G/L account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full P & L responsibility.
- Complete the year-end audit process.
- Review and approve all reconciliation and audit work papers.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts.
- Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollected accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies.
- Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.) and also maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepare wire transfer confirmations for reimbursable invoices.
- Prepare credit card authorizations for American Express, Visa, Master, Diners etc. and send to vendors.
- Verify if credit card service charge is billed correctly for all credit card transactions.
- Review all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) and SPA software's.
- Maintain accounting databases by entering data into the accounting program.
- Handle reimbursable invoicing.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings.
- Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment.
- Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliation.
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Vendor’s permanent files and Certificates of Insurance.
- Maintain contracts for vendors.
- Process payroll or verify payroll dollars and reports.
- Process authorize purchase requests as needed.
- Rotating monthly audits of inventories / Enter final inventory totals into spreadsheet.
- Maintain Office supplies and order as needed.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Skills & Experience
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with SAP.
- High School Graduate or Master of commerce or BS in Accounting preferred
- Proven work experience with previous accounting Office experience or experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.