Thai national required to work in a 5* hotel, reporting in to the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform.
- Drive both accommodation, catering and conference revenue from the designated areas and accounts.
- Anticipate guest’s needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associates.
- Align working practices and conduct with Hotel Standard; consistently strive to meet and exceed the expectations of both internal and external guests.
- Uphold the Hotel culture by demonstrating the standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
- Co-ordination of all aspects of the departments operation to ensure that the services of the Department are delivered to guests or internal customers with the aim of exceeding guest expectations and in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Assist in the development of Sales and Promotional Market Plan.
- Organize weekly sales calls to develop new potential corporate accounts.
- Establish a regular core pattern for meeting with principals of clients for the direct report
- Develop and maintain contact with the key and potential corporate clients.
- Assist in driving and maintaining a strong team performance.
- Maintain regular contact with Hotel’s GSO and GSA.
- Develop and supervise all sales activities related to the designated market segment.
- In conjunction with the RDOSM, effectively recruit, train and develop, certify and performance evaluate associates. Ensure turnover reduction and optimization of productivity through efficient work practices and staff rostering.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all tasks within area of responsibility.
- Participate actively in the regular sales meeting to keep associate and management informed and to foster two-way communication. Involve staff in aspects of decision making. Encourage creativity and initiative.
- Communicate corporate initiatives to staff.
- Co-operate with other sections and departments.
- Set joint objectives and goals with individual associate within appropriate time frames and measure performance against objectives.
- Develop an awareness of, and appreciation for, the richness of the cultural diversity of clients, staff and location.
- Identify opportunities for value added services to increase sales profitability and anticipate client needs.
- Demonstrate effective selling techniques in promoting Hotel products and services.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication skill.
- Ensure guest comments are recorded in guest history record and acted on when appropriate.
- Fully utilize the Delphi and Salesforce as they relate to Sales and Marketing Department
- Assist in the preparation and management of departmental budgets including travel, productivity targets and capital expenditure
- Monitor account activity and make adjustments when necessary.
- Prepare Corporate Sales Team performance reports on monthly basis
- Negotiate contracts with potential accounts as per corporate management policy and procedures
- Participate in the preparation of the Sales and Marketing Plan
- Seek opportunities to continually improve client service
- Monitor all product and performance standards and ensure action is taken when standards are not being met
- Act on potential client complaints and report to appropriate personnel
- Ensure files, correspondence and other relevant business documentation are maintained
- Deliver enthusiastic, positive, helpful and respectful client communication, ensuring precise and effective information transfer
- Address client queries within 24 hours of initial contact
- Ensure recovery calls are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Be well versed and knowledgeable of Hotel Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Undertake additional duties as requested by the Department Head and Hotel Management.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by your manager from time to time.
From time to time you may be asked to undertake duties that are not included in this job description. You should agree to undertake these duties as long as the request is reasonable and will not affect your health, safety or security.