The Financial Manager will be responsible for overseeing the company’s financial functions and will report directly to the Managing Director of the Group. As this is a growing division, the Financial Manager needs to be dynamic, innovative and be able to handle large volumes of transactions for multiple business units.
- To ensure all the Group policies and procedures are implemented properly, communicated to all staff, monitored regularly, adhered too in all instances and rolled out to any new employee.
- Where a policy or procedure is required but not yet developed, to develop such policy in the required format, obtain the necessary approvals and implement.
- To implement financial controls in the businesses which prevent misuse and misappropriation of funds or assets and inefficient cost control.
- Serve as a key member of the senior management team to develop operational and strategic business plans, forecasts and feasibility studies.
- Preparation of reports daily, weekly and monthly which include but are not limited to sales analysis, food and beverages cost reports, monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of annual budgets per business unit with quarterly updated rolling forecasts.
- Submission of a monthly Financial Manager’s report summarizing the performance of the businesses under your control, which includes a P&L, variance analysis against budget and forecast, balance sheet and cash flow, focus areas for the next month, control weaknesses and corrective actions.
- Management and control of all banking related transactions within the company.
- Daily cash flow monitoring and management which includes the management of payables.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations review and authorize.
- Overseeing and control of the purchasing department ensuring the right item is purchased at the most competitive price.
- Monitor supplier/customer agreements regarding respective revenue and cost associated with them.
- Use industry experience and initiative to identify areas for cost cutting and/or revenue improvement.
- Ensure all businesses and assets under your control are at all times properly insured through a reputable insurance company, claims are processed timely with appropriate.
- Risk management of assets, currency, credit and liquidity.
- Ensure that all IT systems are being used in accordance with the business requirements and proper segregation of duties is implemented.
- Manage and coordinate internal and external audits.
- Strive to build a team culture by working together with the respective business and department heads in support of their strategies to achieve the business plan.
- Oversee the payroll preparation of the company.
- Serve as advisor to key management regarding strategic projects and operational requirements.
- Provide leadership to your finance team members and strive to be industry leading in terms of accuracy, quality, timings, execution and delivery.
- Developing and monitoring KPI’s and KPA’s for the finance staff.
- Foster a performance driven environment with quarterly staff performance reviews, identifying training needs and mentoring/coaching staff.
- Be familiar with the labor law and HR practices in the business and industry.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CPA, CMA, etc.)
- 3 - 5 years minimum experience in Food & Beverage outlets
- Experience in working with Sun Financials, FMC, Micros
- Regional experience is preferred.