The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, from day-to-day staff management to guests. This individual should be an ambassador for the brand and hotel, provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximize operations and guest satisfaction, and work closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
The General Manager will be responsible for managing the hotel’s management team (HOD's) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent guest experience. The Hotel has large events capability and therefore this forms a large part of the overall responsibility. A General Manager will also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
Role & Responsabilities
- Oversee the operations of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Develop improvement actions, carry out cost savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotel business reports on a daily basis and make decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximize room yield and hotels revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring key staff.
- Coordinating with HOD's for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Oversee and manage all departments and work closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
Skills & Experience
- A university degree in hotel management or a related field with experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel is highly desired.
- Excellent computer system skills is required.
- Ideally 10 to 15 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience.
- Previous and proven experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.