The General Manager is the key driver in the growth and profitability of the business in Laos. He/she will, working with the division’s Vice President and Lao’s Country Manager, develop and execute an aggressive expansion plan to maintain the company’s lead position in the sector in Laos.
▪ Central Finance ▪ Human Resources ▪ Business Systems & IT, ▪ Procurement and Logistics ▪ Marketing and Operations
▪ Either directly or in support of the departments responsible: • Government organizations • Legal advisors • Audit companies, • business community • recruitment agencies, • food manufacturers, • logistics companies • marketing and PR agencies, • brand owners, • Architectural designers and project build contractors.
- The Strategic development, operational and financial management of the Lao Hospitality business.
- To deliver outlets for development in accordance with the franchisor’s development schedule and for the installation of other branded restaurants.
- To supervise new construction projects with the assistance of the company project management.
- To drive market surveys necessary for the establishment of new brands in the market.
- To manage Sales and Marketing initiatives to maximize revenues through the effective brand development and promotion of the product range.
- To maintain a standard of exceptional product and service delivery that is consistent with customer expectations and brand operational excellence standards.
- To ensure that management and staff respond pro-actively to all customer issues, queries and complaints.
- To deliver management reports to the Company Directors and Stakeholders within the agreed framework (including the participation to the Hospitality Excom quarterly reviews).
- To ensure a smooth roll-out of all new IT and POS systems (for sales, inventory and delivery services).
- To design and regularly update the organizational structure so delivering the business plan milestones.
- Maintain outstanding relationships with our JV Partners. o Together with Country manager liaise with government departments & local authorities to ensure that the business meets local laws and guidelines.
- Management of all third party relationships (e.g. Legal, Audit, Principals, Product Manufactures and Supply Chain) to ensure that the business adheres to statutory, legislative and Company Operating requirements.
- To protect and maintain the assets of the company business. Namely structural, equipment and intellectual property.
- Overall responsibility for Principle’s Brand integrity and standing in the Lao community. A Company Brand Ambassador.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of and commitment to international food safety standards
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the market (competitors etc.) o Ensure latest developments in the industry are reviewed and incorporated where they are beneficial to the business
- Act as a “Subject Matter Expert” to the team and colleagues
- Accountable for Budgets, Profit & Loss accounts, Balance sheet, Cash flow and KPI analyses
- Build and lead a professional and adequate team, through the recruitment and development of exceptional staff from both local and international markets
- Travel within country as necessary o Regular travel to HQ in Thailand and for meetings with franchisors
- Whilst no specific degree or certification is required it is anticipated the position holder will be educated to degree level and, ideally, also hold an MBA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: ESSENTIAL:
1. 10 years commercial & relevant industrial sector experience in senior roles, ideally in the Asia, with a track record of developing industry-leading teams.
2. Exceptional communicator, with the ability to build strong relationships and to influence strategic development through the presentation of a compelling, clear and well-supported vision.
3. Strong negotiation skills in a complex and fast-moving environment.
4. Ability to adapt to multi-cultural environment and choose the adequate leadership style that will enhance the team’s performance
Thai or Lao language • Excellent English Communication
- Achievement Ability to set goals and priorities maximizing the use of available resources to consistently deliver results in line with corporate directions, departmental objectives and customer expectations.
- Problem Solving Ability to understand a problem and devise a workable solution.
- Influence and Charisma Ability to persuade, convince, influence or impress others to achieve a desired effect or impact a course of action
- Innovative or Creative Thinking Ability to think “out of the box”, and to adopt a new or original approach towards actions and work.
- Salary of up to US$ 6000
- Other expat perks (no schooling)
- Single package preferable.