Seasoned General Manager needed for this landmark hotel in the historical Chiang Mai, this is one of the first properties in the city and it remains one of the busiest due to its central location. 300+ rooms and a large MICE facility keeps the hotel always busy. The property is owned by a respectable family in the city and it will require a GM who is capable to understand the local style of business and knows how to deal with all sort of situations. We prefer someone from SEA with experience from international properties, Thai language will be definitely a plus but not a must.
About the Hotel
The Hotel is in the perfect location to suit all of your needs.
Only 500 metres from the famous Doi Suthep with gorgeous views of the mountains, a mere 10 minutes drive to the airport and in 5 minutes you can be in the hippest part of town, Nimmanhaemin, with great fine dining from all around the world, the hottest nightlife, modern galleries, and shops with the latest fashions and styles.
The Hotel offers both accommodation and meeting & events for all sizes. We currently offer 330 rooms and 10 meeting venues that can service from 10 to 1,000 people.
An excellent dynamic leader who is excited about operating and growing our resort. Must have excellent operational experience as well as great people skills to provide the high level of leadership. Must be highly visible, approachable and results-oriented and able to relate well with guests & employees. Must proactively involve others in problem solving and be a confident decision maker. Strong communication skills are needed. Leadership experience in operations & business development is preferred.
This leader will be responsible for oversight of employees and managers. The team will benefit from working with a strong leader with proven experience in building strong, cohesive teams. Overview HR matters including interviewing, hiring, training, assigning work, coaching/counseling and performance appraisals. The successful candidate will be an engaged and interactive leader capable of building strong, positive relationships.
This leader is responsible for all aspects of business operations for the hotel.
Coordinate, direct and manage the hotel operation to achieve maximum profitability, ensure guest satisfaction, protect the financial aspects of the business and maintain the building. Ensure that product quality standards are met in all areas relating to the appearance, levels of maintenance and cleanliness; establish and maintain preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel. Oversee the guest service function to ensure corrective action is taken to resolve guest complaints and ensure superior guest service is delivered. Responsible for day-to-day management of operation. Solid operations expertise and strong problem solving skills needed to maintain exceptional results areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control).
Strong, result-oriented financial leadership skills needed to achieve very positive productivity and controllable costs. Must have a keen business acumen and an expertise in recognizing opportunities which will improve top and bottom line performance. Responsible for top-line budget, yearly business/marketing plan, strategic planning and implementations, reservations and yield management and all aspects of S&M functions, activities and promotions. Meet budgets through P&L analysis and effective cost and inventory control. Assists in preparation of annual budgets, monitor competitors for the market and drive sales through local marketing. Maximize financial performance through revenue management and pricing recommendations
The GM will report directly to the owners
- Experienced in local market - at least 7 years of experience working in 4+ stars hotels in Thailand, preferably international brands
- Experienced in working directly with hotel owners - we do not provide the comfort of international corporate supports but we make decisions quickly
- Very Systematic - the candidate will initiate the implementation of many systems to streamline our operation and track our organizational performance
- Fast mover - the candidate will create significant and measurable operational improvements and revenue generation within our first month of collaboration
- Articulate visionary - the candidate knows the world trends, will set short- and long-term goals, devise strategy, and rally the team to achieve them
- Strong in both operations and business developments - should I say more?
- Hands on - the candidate will go and see with his/her own eyes our reality and work with the team directly to resolve issues
- Is a great coach - the candidate will regularly coach and teach our existing management team (preferably on daily basis) to reinforce a strong learning culture
- Has extensive connection - the candidate will help us bring in very capable people
- Lead by example - the candidate will show great leadership and great customer service through example
- Strict disciplinarian - the candidate will manage the team with an understanding heart and strict discipline
- Precise, concrete, with strong attention to details - the candidate should know the standards and the target numbers by heart, and ensure the team are accountable to them
- High energy - the candidate will walk around the hotels at least once daily and perform extensive random checks to ensure operations run according to standard
- Persistent with strong fighting spirits - the candidate needs to follow up with many ongoing projects until completion
- Thai-language skills a big plus - 70% of our HODs are not articulate in English, so the candidate will have to get through to them somehow