Reporting directly into the food and beverage manager, you'll be the Head Chef in the main kitchen of a 5* Hotel. Available for Thai Nationals or Expats.
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform.
- Follow the properties standard with regards to grooming and personal hygiene that is written in your staff handbook
- In the absence of the executive chef, a Head Chef must take on the role of leader ship, being personally focused, committed, efficient & reliable
- Make sure all staff attend work, well-groomed in a clean uniform following the hotels grooming standards
- Be sure that all handovers shifts between senior chef of each kitchen are clearly briefed on the day’s events
- Fresh food & dry store items are to be checked, packed away, rotated & ordered daily, par levels are kept to a minimum “making sure of low wastage”
- Each month senior chefs are to work together to complete monthly inventory
- Food quality is of the highest standard, checking all dishes leaving the kitchen, at all times
- Check with butcher & other outlast that all meat & seafood quotas are in line with hotels occupancy and are the freshest quality before the days preparations and ala carte orders begin
- Informing executive chef & departments heads of missing or limited items on the hotels menu’s
- Establish & organize necessary training in order for our team to achieve the standards of the metropolitan kitchen practice
- Assist in implementing new menu items & recipe cards making sure all recipes are followed and kept to the highest level achievable
- To teach & lead by example in kitchen practice of cooking, handling, labeling & dating of all food item (practice what you preach)
- Enforcing proper handling of high risk foods e.g. (dairy, meat & seafood) and to be aware of cross contamination
- Teach other chefs to Never leave fresh produce unattended at any time
- To ensure kitchen hygiene & grooming standards are enforced. e.g. proper sanitation of hands between all breaks, clean finger nails, shoulder length hair to be tied back, all jewelry will be kept minimal
- Report to senior chefs of any staff that are sick or have any infectious wounds
- Guide all young chefs to practice proper handling of knife, sharp utensils & dangerous equipment with in safety standards
- Making sure that all chefs clean sections & equipment that they were responsible for during their service, before shift changes take place
- To prevent accident, inform executive chef, chief steward or engineer of any faulty, broken or missing equipment in the kitchen
- Always respect the hotel property treating it like you own home
- Always support other chef and in inspire them to go the extra mile
- Any other duties that may be assigned by your manager from time to time.
From time to time you may be asked to undertake duties that are not included in this job description. You should agree to undertake these duties as long as the request is reasonable and will not affect your health, safety or security.