Growing lifestyle Bangkok based hotel group is now on the look for a new Regional DOS. You must be a very well-connected and switched-on sales and reservations professional, an industry star which is well known around.
The role is open for Thai and EXPAT applicants alike but you must be currently working in Thailand .
The Regional Director of Sales is responsible for overseeing the current open properties with the support of the Director of Sales, as well as new opening properties in the region. The role will include the future support of any new openings the group has in the future.
Measures of Performance
- Provides guidance and direction to Thailand Directors of Sales and Sales teams supporting the operations and new openings in the Head Office and at the operational level to maximize hotel sales revenue – both rooms and non-room revenue.
- Assists with creation and management of annual strategic plans for each property, both open or soon to open.
- Ensure sales goals and budgets are created, then met or exceeded by each property. Create and develop individualized sales & marketing plans and actions to maximize enterprise value while maintaining brand identity and standards
- Develop and implement targeted sales initiatives designed to penetrate specific market segments, key accounts or designated time periods
- Evaluate and track property revenue performance of your region against budget, previous year results, brand benchmarks and against forecast
- Initiate, create, drive online initiatives and ROI with the support of the E-Commerce team to drive direct bookings to our properties.
- Assist in creation of tactical, creative and cooperative targeted marketing initiatives to drive revenues throughout the year with strong forward quarterly planning
- Assist in determining ROI of promotional events, sales & marketing spend, trade shows and industry events in budgets, and adjust as required through the year.
- Utilize sales & marketing tools and reports to maximize hotel revenues and Revpar – Online competitor checks, rate shops, web analytics, guest feedback, etc
- Adherence and knowledge of brand programs and initiatives
- Analysis skills and strategic vision in establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Strong communication skills required with marketing, revenue management and operational teams at both property level and Head office
- Diversifying market segmentation, by introducing our brand to various key stake holders in the various segments, and developing new contracts to all of the properties. Introducing Sales Director and sales managers to key stack holders in the wholesale market to build opportunity for sales team to create new relationships and business.
- Conduct on-site hotel visits in conjunction with the priorities set by the company in order to drive new and existing business
Key Job Descriptions
- Building and Inspiring a Great Team
- Assist and own the process of sourcing, assessing and hiring property sales positions for region
- Participate, guide and approve sales team progressive discipline
- Conduct on property visits to the properties to assess strength of sales team, strategic culture and adherence to group sales standards & expectations
- Identify opportunities to reward performance and “celebrate success”
- Participate and assist in facilitation of quarterly sales celebrations
- Assist with career-pathing by identifying candidates ready for the next step
- Set goals, targets and KPI’s for all team members so that there is a culture and process that monitors performance and creates accountability for all sales team members.
- In collaboration with Sales & Revenue, effective negotiated rate agreement solicitation and support public selling rate processes and rate grids.
- Ensure sales strategy meetings, business reviews, and other revenue generated activities are coordinated and documented for optimum effectiveness.
- Speed to market of new openings, developing strong sales presence in the market.
- Deploy successful sales training and incentive programs as required and agreed to by ExCom. Strategy & Planning
- Ensure property sales & marketing teams monitor and conclude strategies and detailed action plans which drive the attainment of the group business objectives
- Analyze market trends in multiple segments, countries, nationality, room type, LOS, Lead time, seeing periods, and more through designed resources.
- Develop and create systems, processes and procedures which monitors and assures sales effectiveness and provide clear insight and opportunities for improvement down to the individual property and seller.
- Develop creative approaches to gain competitive advantage in how to identify potential guests and how best to gain their business.
- Support forecasting and play a key role in setting up the budget for each year with detailed action plans in place.
This position directly supervises the Directors of Sales for Thailand. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with group policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the Regional Director of Sales job duties
- Must be computer literate; have experience using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Brand tools & systems
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of leading a team and achieving results
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Skills for problem-solving, analysis and effective decision-making
- Skills for negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas
- Ability to conduct budgetary analysis and interpret and analyze results
Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruitment, supervision, training and motivation of managers
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in area, regional or multi–unit sales management oversight
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a hotel Director of Sales or Director of Sales & Marketing
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in Sales Management overall.
- Experience in 5 stars or Chain Hotels will be advantage
- Track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals
Work Approach Attributes:
- Demonstrates vertical flexibility
- Uses an analytical approach
- Portrays a genuine style
- Strategically proactive
- Extensive travel required to your regional properties and other international sales trips as budgeted
- Fast paced, collaborative, high energy
- Private office, open cubicle or remote
- High touch both by phone, electronic and in person